[comp.emacs] Readable keyboard macros ?

lutz@nsebln.UUCP (Lutz Hilken) (10/25/89)

Hi there emacs fans,

I have a problem:

I want to define a keyboard macro and I want to save it or edit it later.
Ok, I use `start-kbd-macro' and `end-kbd-macro'. Then I call
`insert-kbd-macro' and I only get the sequences of my keyboard.

My question is: Has anyone an idear how to get the macro as emacs-lisp ?

Thanks for time,   Lutz.

*****************************
 __    _   __    __   ______   Snail  : Lutz Hilken
|_|  \__| |_|    |_| |______|  Eunet  : hilken.bln@nixpbe.uucp
*****************************  Usenet : hilken.bln@nixbur.uucp

konczal@MAIL-GW.NCSL.NIST.GOV (Joe Konczal) (10/27/89)

>   I want to define a keyboard macro and I want to save it or edit it later.
>   Ok, I use `start-kbd-macro' and `end-kbd-macro'. Then I call
>   `insert-kbd-macro' and I only get the sequences of my keyboard.

Use `name-last-kbd-macro' to give the macro a name, then use
`insert-kbd-macro' to insert the "lisp code" into the current buffer.

Joe Konczal

dsill@ark1.nswc.navy.mil (Dave Sill) (10/28/89)

In article <8910271557.AA28037@mail-gw.ncsl.nist.gov>,
konczal@MAIL-GW.NCSL.NIST.GOV (Joe Konczal) writes:
> >   I want to define a keyboard macro and I want to save it or edit it later.
> >   Ok, I use `start-kbd-macro' and `end-kbd-macro'. Then I call
> >   `insert-kbd-macro' and I only get the sequences of my keyboard.
>
> Use `name-last-kbd-macro' to give the macro a name, then use
> `insert-kbd-macro' to insert the "lisp code" into the current buffer.

I think he wants to get the *real* lisp code, not the key sequence
lisp.  Try:

generate (2.0)	  87-09-02
     Ciaran A Byrne, <ciaran@gec-rl-hrc.co.uk>
     tut.cis.ohio-state.edu:pub/gnu/emacs/elisp-archive/as-is/generate.el.Z
     Macro-to-elisp converter.

Dave Sill (dsill@relay.nswc.navy.mil)