[net.records] reviews

tconn@inuxc.UUCP (Tim Connolly) (09/23/83)

 I may be a little behind times with these reviews, but lately
I've been buying albums at a used record shop to save $$.

Divinyls - Highly charged, power pop. Great Rhythms, great guitars.
           This is the best and closest thing to the pretenders
           first album I've listened to in a long time. Side one
           is a killer.
DFX2 - Remember the Stones in the mid to late 60's? These guys
       are their re-incarnation. This is a 5 song mini-ep, I
       wish it was a complete lp. The lead singer even sounds
       a little like Jagger. People will complain that this
       may be copying of a sort, but who gives a sh*t, this is
       a damn strong record on its own merits.
Burning Sensations - This is Tim McGovern's first record I believe
                     since his split with Martha Davis and the
                     Motels. If you liked his guitar playing on
                     those first 2 motels albums, be ready for
                     something quite a bit different on this
                     mini. It's  a 4 songer thats built mainly
                     on Latin rhythms. His lead has taken mainly
                     a back seat to the rest of the musicians and
                     the end result is pretty wild.He does a nice
                     job on vocals too.
				Tim Connolly inuxc!tconn
:wq
.