[comp.emacs] MicroEmacs 3.10.... more

bam@rudedog.sgi.com (Brian McClendon) (02/08/90)

Can anyone help me?

I ftp-ed the 3.10e ARC directly from zeus and found that it was missing
all of the makefiles except MS-DOS.  I tried using the one from 3.10(a?)
but there have been a lot of filename changes and rules since then.  I
have sent email directly to DL (several times, about several things over
the last two years), but it must not be getting thru since in I have
never received a reply.

   Brian McClendon bam@rudedog.SGI.COM ...!uunet!sgi!rudedog!bam 415-335-1110

lawdm@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Dan Lawrence) (02/08/90)

In article <3710@odin.SGI.COM> bam@rudedog.sgi.com (Brian McClendon) writes:
>Can anyone help me?

>I ftp-ed the 3.10e ARC directly from zeus and found that it was missing
>all of the makefiles except MS-DOS.  I tried using the one from 3.10(a?)
>but there have been a lot of filename changes and rules since then.

	As I stated at the time, 3.10e is a INTRIM release.... meaning
that I did not spend the time (at least 2 weeks) to get together all the
pieces I would for a full release.  I assumed people had an older
version. As to the makfile, usually simply looking at what's there and
what is not will give you a big clue of what needs to be defined.

	In short, for 3.10e, change references from etype.h to eproto.h
(full ANSI supported where it exists), and change references from unix.c
to newunix.c (which will become unix.c later).

>I have sent email directly to DL (several times, about several things over
>the last two years), but it must not be getting thru since in I have
>never received a reply.

	My reply path is probably in error.  I have bounced several to
you in the past.

>   Brian McClendon bam@rudedog.SGI.COM ...!uunet!sgi!rudedog!bam 415-335-1110

			Daniel Lawrence  voice: (317) 742-5153
					  arpa:	dan@midas.mgmt.purdue.edu