[net.unix-wizards] What has happened to 4.3 BSD??

joe@ccnysci.UUCP (04/11/86)

At the January USENIX meeting, the impression was given that 4.3 BSD
was to be distributed in March. Can anyone tell us what the nature and
duration of the additional delay is?

	Joe Eccles  (inhp4!likewise!ccnysci!joe      UUCP)
		    (joe@ccnyvme.BITNET		BITNET)

What delay?  I thought everyone had 4.3BSD-beta already.  :-)

Seriously, while it may not mean anything, I saw this:

	[monet.berkeley.edu]
	Login       Name              TTY Idle    When            Office
	tapers   4.3BSD Tape Makers    co 4:24 Sat 22:07  463 Evans    x2-7780
	.
	.
	.

earlier today....
--
In-Real-Life: Chris Torek, Univ of MD Comp Sci Dept (+1 301 454 1415)
UUCP:	seismo!umcp-cs!chris

kjd@ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU (Kevin Dunlap) (04/15/86)

4.3bsd it's like harvest time in California wine country.

The grapes shouldn't be picked until the exact time they have reached
their peak level for making a fine wine.

Soon, before Atlanta USENIX

-Kevin

matt@oddjob.UUCP (Matt Crawford) (04/17/86)

In article <884@umcp-cs.UUCP> chris@umcp-cs.UUCP (Chris Torek) writes:
>Seriously, while it may not mean anything, I saw this:
>
>	[monet.berkeley.edu]
>	Login       Name              TTY Idle    When            Office
>	tapers   4.3BSD Tape Makers    co 4:24 Sat 22:07  463 Evans    x2-7780

But there are only 32 bits to hold the idle time.  You must have
seen this just after it wrapped around.
Matt		University	crawford@anl-mcs.arpa
Crawford	of Chicago	ihnp4!oddjob!matt