[comp.emacs] What's the relationship between jove and uemacs?

sun@robios.eng.yale.edu (Kang Sun) (02/12/90)

I looked at jove once and found that it is quite similar to
MicroEmacs. Could someone tell me the relationship between the two,
and the advantage of one over the other? Thanks.

-- Kang Sun

jpayne@flam.Sun.COM (Jonathan Payne) (02/12/90)

In article <15203@cs.yale.edu> sun@robios.eng.yale.edu (Kang Sun) writes:
>I looked at jove once and found that it is quite similar to
>MicroEmacs. Could someone tell me the relationship between the two,
>and the advantage of one over the other? Thanks.
>
>-- Kang Sun

No relationship whatever.  If you are talking about look and feel,
most of my ideas (for JOVE) which aren't TOPS20 emacs-like came
from Gosling's emacs.  If you are talking about code, it's mostly
my code.

I don't know a single thing about micro emacs so I can't compare
it to JOVE.