[comp.emacs] Need outline/tree editor functionality

kinstrey@wsqtba.crd.ge.com (M. A. Kinstrey) (04/09/90)

Has anyone written an macros, etc for outline processing
using emacs? I'm looking for automatic level numbering,
section hiding, automatic indentation types of functionality.

Optimally, I'd like a MacIntosh MORE II-like functionality,
for creating and browsing hierarchies.

Can anyone help me? Any information would be greatly
appreciated.

				Mike Kinstrey

kinstrey@wsqtba.crd.ge.com  | "Balls." said the queen, "Balls."
uunet!crdgw1!wsqtba!kinstrey| "If I had them I'd be King."
____________________________|________________________________________________

jr@bbn.com (John Robinson) (04/10/90)

In article <6641@crdgw1.crd.ge.com>, kinstrey@wsqtba (M. A. Kinstrey) writes:
>Has anyone written an macros, etc for outline processing
>using emacs? I'm looking for automatic level numbering,
>section hiding, automatic indentation types of functionality.

GNU emacs is distributed with one, and there are others:

		   Emacs Lisp Code Apropos -- "outline"

  latex-outln	  89-04-26
       Paul Davis, <davis@blue.sdr.slb.com>
       Outline mode for LaTeX.
  out-indent	  89-06-13
       Bard Bloom, <bard@theory.lcs.mit.edu>
       Indented outline-mode.
  outline		  88-07-26
       18.54 dist
       Outline mode commands.
  outline-m
       Per Abrahamsen, <amanda@iesd.dk, mcvax!diku!iesd!amanda>
       Outline minor mode.
--
/jr, nee John Robinson     Life did not take over the globe by combat,
jr@bbn.com or bbn!jr          but by networking -- Lynn Margulis