[comp.emacs] gnu kill-emacs without worrying about running processes

ghh@clarity.Princeton.EDU (Gilbert Harman) (06/28/90)

When I exit emacs, I would like it to ask me about unsaved
buffers but not about running processes.  (It may or may not
be relevant that I am using the saveconf.el stuff to save my
context, so that I can begin next time where I left off.)
Any suggestions?

--
		       Gilbert Harman
                       Princeton University Cognitive Science Laboratory

		       ghh@clarity.princeton.edu
		       HARMAN@PUCC.BITNET

kjones@talos.pm.com (Kyle Jones) (06/29/90)

Gilbert Harman writes:
 > When I exit emacs, I would like it to ask me about unsaved
 > buffers but not about running processes.  (It may or may not
 > be relevant that I am using the saveconf.el stuff to save my
 > context, so that I can begin next time where I left off.)

It is not relevant.

 > Any suggestions?

(defun exit-emacs (arg)
  (interactive "P")
  (mapcar 'process-kill-without-query (process-list))
  (save-buffers-kill-emacs arg))

Bind this function to C-x C-c and you're all set.