[comp.emacs] RISC Ultrix- Emacs problems

jpd@gordon.UUCP (Jim Drummey) (07/04/90)

We're running emacs 18.54 on an Ultrix Risc Decsystem 5400. Three times
we've had the machine hang with the following message:

  panic: tblmod on invalid pte

Ultrix support tells us this is caused by emacs. Has anyone experienced
this? DEC says it only happens on RISC boxes.

jim drummey
jpd@gordon.UUCP  (harvard!necntc!gordon!jpd)

jgk@demo.COM (Joe Keane) (07/07/90)

In article <113@gordon.UUCP> jpd@gordon.UUCP (Jim Drummey) writes:
>We're running emacs 18.54 on an Ultrix Risc Decsystem 5400. Three times
>we've had the machine hang with the following message:
>
>  panic: tblmod on invalid pte
>
>Ultrix support tells us this is caused by emacs. Has anyone experienced
>this? DEC says it only happens on RISC boxes.

Caused by Emacs?  That's a good one.  Aggravated, maybe.  The kernel should
not panic, period.  It's broken; tell them to fix it.