[comp.emacs] Problem mousing out of command window?

mike@BACH.CS.BYU.EDU (Mike Burbidge) (07/11/90)

Sometimes while entering a command in the command window, I get distracted
and position the cursor in another window using the mouse. This leaves a
partially entered command in the command window which I can't seem to get
rid of. How can I get back to either cancel the command or complete it?

Mike Burbidge
mike@bach.cs.byu.edu

willi@unieinf.UUCP (Wilhelm Hasselbring) (07/13/90)

In article <9007101905.AA13681@bach.cs.byu.edu> mike@BACH.CS.BYU.EDU (Mike Burbidge) writes:
>Sometimes while entering a command in the command window, I get distracted
>and position the cursor in another window using the mouse. This leaves a
>partially entered command in the command window which I can't seem to get
>rid of. How can I get back to either cancel the command or complete it?

You can get back to the command line with "C-x o" (other-window). If someone
knows a way to get back with the mouse, I would like to know this way too.

Willi

| Wilhelm Hasselbring                           |
| University of Essen                           |
| Department of Software Engineering            |
| D-4300 Essen 1                                |
| F. R. Germany                                 |
| email: willi@informatik.uni-essen.de          |