[comp.emacs] X Emacs under DECWindows

jon@ASTRO.UCLA.EDU (Jonathan Eisenhamer) (07/11/90)

To All,
	Has anyone gotten the X part of emacs to run under VMS and
DECWindows?

Thank you for your time,

Jonathan Eisenhamer
jon@astro.ucla.edu
jon@uclastro.bitnet
bonnie::jon (span 5.708)
(213)206-8596

whitaker@mdcbbs.com (07/13/90)

In article <9007101753.AA07999@astro.ucla.edu>, jon@ASTRO.UCLA.EDU (Jonathan Eisenhamer) writes:
> To All,
> 	Has anyone gotten the X part of emacs to run under VMS and
> DECWindows?
Oh I wish.......
Currently stuck with a window with copyright/help screen in that ignores all
key/mouse events. What's your problem? B-)
+-------------------+----------------------------------------------------------+
| Mike Whitaker     |  MDC DECNET:	  BBS::WHITAKER (BBS::SDL::MIKEW)      |
| Shape Data Ltd    |  Internet:  whitaker@mdcbbs.com                          |
| Parker's House    |  UUCP:      uunet!mdcbbs!whitaker                        |
| 46, Regent St.    +----------------------------------------------------------+
| Cambridge CB2 1DP |  Voice:     (+44)-223-316673                             |
| ENGLAND           |  FAX:       (+44)-223-316931                             |
+-------------------+----------------------------------------------------------+

jv@mh.nl (Johan Vromans) (07/14/90)

In article <1990Jul13.052550.948@mdcbbs.com> whitaker@mdcbbs.com writes:
> In article <9007101753.AA07999@astro.ucla.edu>, jon@ASTRO.UCLA.EDU (Jonathan Eisenhamer) writes:
> > To All,
> > 	Has anyone gotten the X part of emacs to run under VMS and
> > DECWindows?
> Oh I wish.......
> Currently stuck with a window with copyright/help screen in that ignores all
> key/mouse events. What's your problem? B-)

Getting Emacs to run on VMS with DECwindows requires a number of
changes to the emacs sources. Fortunately this has been done already,
and I have posted my set of changes (based on the work of Joshua
Marantz <josh@vx.lcs.mit.edu> and including the famous LK201 keyboard
handling) three times the last 12 months, so they should be widely
available. I also sent them by email to a number of people.  I didn't
get complaints that it didn't work ...

	Johan
--
Johan Vromans				       jv@mh.nl via internet backbones
Multihouse Automatisering bv		       uucp: ..!{uunet,hp4nl}!mh.nl!jv