[comp.emacs] Emacs Lisp Manual

rbj@dsys.ncsl.nist.GOV (Root Boy Jim) (08/24/89)

? From: rms@ai.mit.edu (Richard Stallman)
? Date: Tue, 22 Aug 89 22:56:53 EDT

? This manual is nearly ready.  A draft was put up a few weeks ago,
? intended for proofreading only.  It isn't ready to be release, so
? I took it off prep, where it shouldn't have been.

? Please be patient.  It won't be much longer.  (I can't say precisely;
? please don't ask, or I won't have time to finish it.)

Nevertheless, it is much better than the old version. If anyone truly
can't wait, send me mail, and it shall be yours.

	Root Boy Jim
	Have GNU, Will Travel.

rbj@dsys.ncsl.nist.GOV (Root Boy Jim) (08/29/89)

Awhile back I wrote:

? Nevertheless, it is much better than the old version. If anyone truly
? can't wait, send me mail, and it shall be yours.

The BAD NEWS: I won't be mailing anymore copys of this to people.
I underestimated what a pain this would be.

The GOOD NEWS: I have created an anonymous FTP directory with the
new pre-release of the emacs lisp manual and a bunch of other GNU stuff.
The host is dsys.ncsl.nist.gov, [129.6.48.155].

It's pretty current as of now, but I make no future guarantees.

	Root Boy Jim
	and the GNU Bohemians

rbj@dsys.ncsl.nist.GOV (Root Boy Jim) (09/01/89)

Awhile back I wrote:

? ? Nevertheless, it is much better than the old version. If anyone truly
? ? can't wait, send me mail, and it shall be yours.

? The BAD NEWS: I won't be mailing anymore copys of this to people.
? I underestimated what a pain this would be.

? The GOOD NEWS: I have created an anonymous FTP directory with the
? new pre-release of the emacs lisp manual and a bunch of other GNU stuff.
? The host is dsys.ncsl.nist.gov, [129.6.48.155].

? It's pretty current as of now, but I make no future guarantees.

I just coded up a script to mail it out. If you have anonymous FTP,
please get it that way. However, if you don't, I will mail it.

	Root Boy Jim
	and the GNU Bohemians

rbj@dsys.ncsl.nist.GOV (Root Boy Jim) (09/20/89)

? From: phoenix!levy@princeton.edu  (Silvio Levy)

? Where can I get the emacs lisp manual?  I poke around in
? prep.ai.mit.edu and didn't find it there.

Try dsys.ncsl.nist.gov, [129.6.48.155].

? Thanks,

You're welcome.

? Silvio

	Root Boy Jim and
	the GNU Bohemians

inoue@sunburst.crd.ge.com (08/24/90)

I want to get the latest verion of Emacs Lisp Manual.
Please tell me how I can get that if anyone knows that.

The one now I have is,

   GNU Emacs Lisp Manual
   Emacs Version 18 for Unix Users
   September 1988
   Bil Lewis

I wonder if there are newer versions.

Especially do I want to read 'TCP' section in the 'Processes' chapter.
If possible, I want you to send me a copy of that chapter.

Thanks in advance.
--
Takeshi Inoue(call me TI for short)
General Electric Company

darrylo@hpnmdla.HP.COM (Darryl Okahata) (08/24/90)

In comp.emacs, inoue@sunburst.crd.ge.com writes:

> I want to get the latest verion of Emacs Lisp Manual.
> Please tell me how I can get that if anyone knows that.
>
> The one now I have is,
>
>    GNU Emacs Lisp Manual
>    Emacs Version 18 for Unix Users
>    September 1988
>    Bil Lewis
>
> I wonder if there are newer versions.

     The version on prep.ai.mit.edu is:

	GNU Emacs Lisp Reference Manual
	GNU Emacs Version 18
		for Unix Users
	Edition 1.02, June 1990

     -- Darryl Okahata
	UUCP: {hplabs!, hpcea!, hpfcla!} hpnmd!darrylo
	Internet: darrylo%hpnmd@hp-sde.sde.hp.com

constitute the support, opinion or policy of Hewlett-Packard or of the
little green men that have been following him all day.