[comp.emacs] MicroEMACS 3.10

rommel@lan.informatik.tu-muenchen.dbp.de (Kai-Uwe Rommel) (07/11/89)

I tried to use the MicroEMACS 3.8b some weeks ago on a IBM-compatible
AT clone under DOS and SCO Xenix 286 successfully. Included were also
the sources for Amiga, Atari ST ... and not only DOS and UNIX.

The I met a MicroEMACS 3.10 executable on comp.binaries.ibm.pc and the
sources on sub.sources.misc - but it was not complete !
It contained only the files needed for using under UNIX and it runs
very well on SCO Xenix (after some changes).

Because its much nicer than 3.8b I want to use it under DOS too but
I have to make some changes to run it on my Hires-EGA in 100x42, 80x60
and 100x72 text modes.

If any one has the sources for 3.10 for DOS (and OS/2) I would be
happy if he could send it to me.

Thanks -- Kai Uwe Rommel

sam@ccsn2.uucp (Sam Moore) (10/27/89)

I have a problem with mEmacs 3.10 and the use of select() in get1key()
in tcap.c compiling for with TERMCAP 1. The problem is not apparent locally
on my workstation, but when running across the net to another machine
the timeout value is not long enough to distinguish between ESC sequences
and ESC as a meta key.

Anyone have a solution.

Sam

fisher@SIFVS9.SINET.SLB.COM ("Craig Fisher x.3359") (02/07/90)

Can anybody help me....?

I recently downloaded the source for MicroEmacs 3.10 from SIMTEL (well
actually from a BITNET listserver for SIMTEL). I have compiled it
succesfully on our Suns (OS3.x/4.x) and my IBM PC/AT. When I tried to
compile it under VAX/VMS, I discovered that the .C archive is missing
VMSVT.C without which I'm a bit stuffed.....

Can anybody out there send me a copy, or point me to a list server which
has VMSVT.C. (I only have a mail link through our VAXen so FTP/UUCP etc.
are all no use.  :-( )

Thanks in advance
-Craig
-----
Craig Fisher			|**** fisher@sifvx1.sinet.slb.com ****
Schlumberger Technologies	|
Instruments Division		|   Disclamer:  These views are mine,
Farnborough, Hants.  UK		|    my boss thinks I'm working. ;-)

lawdm@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Dan Lawrence) (02/07/90)

In article <51808@bbn.COM> fisher@SIFVS9.SINET.SLB.COM ("Craig Fisher x.3359") writes:
>Can anybody help me....?
>      When I tried to
>compile it under VAX/VMS, I discovered that the .C archive is missing
>VMSVT.C without which I'm a bit stuffed.....

>Thanks in advance
>-Craig

Craig,
	My apologies... just remove the reference to vmsvt.c from the
pertinate makefiles.  MicroEMACS has not needed it since version 3.9e.
I am not totally sure of the stability of the VMS port either (I have no
access to VMS) but someone locally here is working on it now and I will
post info on the next intrim release when it is ready.

			Daniel Lawrence  voice: (317) 742-5153
					  arpa:	dan@midas.mgmt.purdue.edu
				The Programmer's Room
				Fido: 1:201/10 - (317) 742-5533

greg@brb.isnet.inmos.co.uk (Greg Nunan) (08/15/90)

I'm trying to find out where I can get MicroEMACS version 3.10. Can anyone
tell me where it can be found? Unfortunately I can't use anonymous FTP.

Thanks in advance
--
Greg Nunan,  INMOS Ltd  |  Tel +44 454 616616 x664
1000 Aztec West         |

ktw@cbnewsm.att.com (Ken Wolman) (08/30/90)

Thanks, first, to everyone who sent me replies about ftp-able sources
for MicroEMACS 3.10 and Freemacs.  I managed to get both and have had a
chance to look at and play with them: of the two, MicroEMACS 3.10 seems
more useful for my (for now) limited purposes, but it has a problem that
I hope someone can help me solve.

I managed to find PC-executable ARC files on wuarchive.wustl.edu in the
/systems/ibmpc/msdos/memacs directory.  I also got a copy of pk361.exe
to unpack the files: it performed flawlessly.  However...there is
supposedly a file called EMACS.HLP which can be invoked when you hit
M-?.  It's not there.  It doesn't seem to live on wuarchive.wustl.edu,
either.  Does anyone know where it lives, or have the ARC file that
contains it?

Many thanks.

--
       Ken Wolman          AT&T Bell Laboratories, Short Hills, NJ
       ktw@mhuxo.att.com                            (201) 564-2866