[comp.emacs] Looking for a small emacs.

john@basho.uucp (John Lacey) (09/10/90)

I am using an AT&T Unix PC, running something that looks most like SysVr3,
with a m68000.

I am a GNU Emacs user, but for small tasks---quick edits, E-mail, posting,
and so on, an editor that start quicker, though it lacks most of gemacs'
functionality, would be nice to have.  Something that retains the emacs
keymappings, the kill ring, and small details like that would be nice.

Jove is okay, but maybe a little large (anyone know where I can get a copy,
they just took it off osu-cis, and I can't ftp ...).  Is there anything
out there that might fit my needs?

I would appreciate E-mail replies, as this group is not in my feed ...

Toodles and cheers,

John
--
John Lacey,  john@basho.uucp,  or basho!john@cis.ohio-state.edu

weisen@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Neil Weisenfeld) (09/12/90)

In article <1990Sep10.014044.7140@basho.uucp> john@basho.uucp (John Lacey) writes:
[stuff deleted]
>I am a GNU Emacs user, but for small tasks---quick edits, E-mail, posting,
>and so on, an editor that start quicker, though it lacks most of gemacs'
>functionality, would be nice to have.  Something that retains the emacs
>keymappings, the kill ring, and small details like that would be nice.

MicroEmacs is good and small.  I haven't used it in a while (I prefer Vi
for quick editing tasks).  I believe it is availble from the author's
machine at midas.mgmt.purdue.edu.  It is also available from uunet.uu.net.

Neil

--
( )(_)    ( )   Neil Weisenfeld                   | 3900 Chestnut St. #233
( )  (_)_ ( )   Computer Science and Engineering  | Philadelphia, PA