[comp.emacs] saveconf question

robh@ECLIPSE.COLORADO.EDU (10/03/90)

<Insert your favorite "new to this news group" disclaimer here.>

I am trying to get the saveconf feature (as defined in saveconf.el)
to work and have not been successful.  I have the following in my
.emacs file:

	(load "saveconf")
	(setq auto-save-and-recover-context t)

When I exit emacs the .emacs_robh file is created but when I enter
emacs (using no command line arguments) it doesn't recognize this file
and I am left with just a scratch file.

Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

(SunOS 4.1, Emacs v. 18.55.2)

Thanks,

Rob Henderson
robh@Boulder.Colorado.EDU

mo@clsib21.UUCP (Maurice O'Donnell) (10/04/90)

In article <9010022226.AA20833@eclipse.Colorado.EDU> robh@ECLIPSE.COLORADO.EDU writes:

>I am trying to get the saveconf feature (as defined in saveconf.el)
>to work and have not been successful.  I have the following in my
>.emacs file:
>
>	(load "saveconf")
>	(setq auto-save-and-recover-context t)
>

>Rob Henderson
>robh@Boulder.Colorado.EDU

	Rob;
		The following is directly out of my .emacs

;..start
;used to save the current context and allow recovery
(require 'saveconf)
(setq auto-save-and-recover-context t)
(setq save-buffer-context t)
(if (null (cdr command-line-args))	;strip "emacs" off command-line-args
    (setq inhibit-startup-message (recover-context))  ;and recover
)
;..end

		If this dosn't work you might check "command-line-args" and
	modify the if statement as appropiate.

		hope this helps....
						mo

--