[comp.emacs] PostScript version of GNU Emacs Manual

crv@lanl.gov (Chad R. Vizino) (10/10/90)

I am just getting started with emacs so this is a basic request:
Does anyone know where I can find a PostScript version of the "GNU Emacs
Manual" via anonymous ftp?

Thanks in advance.

  -Chad Vizino
   crv@beta.lanl.gov

morten@terje2.uio.no (Morten S. Hagedal) (10/12/90)

   I am just getting started with emacs so this is a basic request:
   Does anyone know where I can find a PostScript version of the "GNU Emacs
   Manual" via anonymous ftp?

abcfd20.larc.nasa.gov
--

Morten S. Hagedal

mitch@b3.UUCP (Mitch Walker) (10/12/90)

In <65369@lanl.gov> crv@lanl.gov (Chad R. Vizino) writes:

>I am just getting started with emacs so this is a basic request:
>Does anyone know where I can find a PostScript version of the "GNU Emacs
>Manual" via anonymous ftp?

I'd be interested in that.  Maybe we could get some kind soul to post
it.

himacdon@maytag.uwaterloo.ca (Hamish Macdonald) (10/15/90)

Mitch> In <65369@lanl.gov> crv@lanl.gov (Chad R. Vizino) writes:
>I am just getting started with emacs so this is a basic request:
>Does anyone know where I can find a PostScript version of the "GNU Emacs
>Manual" via anonymous ftp?

Mitch> I'd be interested in that.  Maybe we could get some kind soul
Mitch> to post it.

NO!!!!!!  Nobody post it.  That thing is huge.  What a waste of time
that would be.

If you want it, send mail to the guy who asked for the ftp site.  If you
can't ftp, you can ask him to mail it to you.

Hamish.
himacdon@maytag.uwaterloo.ca                 watmath!maytag!himacdon

tadguy@abcfd01.larc.nasa.gov (Tad Guy) (10/15/90)

In article <391@b3.UUCP> mitch@b3.UUCP (Mitch Walker) writes:
> In <65369@lanl.gov> crv@lanl.gov (Chad R. Vizino) writes:
>
> >I am just getting started with emacs so this is a basic request:
> >Does anyone know where I can find a PostScript version of the "GNU Emacs
> >Manual" via anonymous ftp?
>
> I'd be interested in that.  Maybe we could get some kind soul to post
> it.

I hope not.  It's big.

It's available via anonymous ftp from abcfd20.larc.nasa.gov, though:

Tue  11-Jun-90  21:55:24   472639  pub/docs/emacs-18.55.PS.Z

	...tad