[comp.emacs] Most Recent versions of Jove and MicroEmacs

QQ11@LIVERPOOL.AC.UK (10/19/90)

The most recent version of Jove I've seen is 4.14 although I've
seen no sign of this in comp.sources.* where the most recent is 4.9.
MicroEmacs is at 3.10.

Development on both appears to have stopped some while ago. Can anyone
correct me if my information is wrong please?

Thanks.

Alan Thew
University of Liverpool Computer Laboratory
Bitnet/Earn: QQ11@LIVERPOOL.AC.UK or QQ11%UK.AC.LIVERPOOL @ UKACRL
UUCP       : ....!mcsun!ukc!liv!qq11        Voice: +44 51 794 3735
Internet   : QQ11@LIVERPOOL.AC.UK or QQ11%LIVERPOOL.AC.UK @ NSFNET-RELAY.AC.UK

dan@mdbs.uucp (Daniel Lawrence) (10/22/90)

In article <90292.175836QQ11@LIVERPOOL.AC.UK> QQ11@LIVERPOOL.AC.UK writes:
>The most recent version of Jove I've seen is 4.14 although I've
>seen no sign of this in comp.sources.* where the most recent is 4.9.
>MicroEmacs is at 3.10.
>
>Development on both appears to have stopped some while ago. Can anyone
>correct me if my information is wrong please?

	MicroEMACS 3.10 was released a little over a year ago.  While my
development time for it has slowed,  In the last year between my own
programming and others sending in code, I now have a good XENIX port,
ports to the NEC 9800 series, the Fugitsu FMR series and the IBM 5550
machine, generalized double byte character support, a new curses driver,
and a number of minor enhancements.  I am working on a new installation
program to make it easier for others to install.  I expect to release
3.11 before december.

			Daniel Lawrence  voice: (317) 742-5153
					  arpa:	mdbs!dan@ee.ecn.purdue.edu
				The Programmer's Room
				Fido: 1:201/10 - (317) 742-5533

jpayne@flam.Eng.Sun.COM (Drummer Boy) (10/23/90)

In article <90292.175836QQ11@LIVERPOOL.AC.UK> QQ11@LIVERPOOL.AC.UK writes:
>The most recent version of Jove I've seen is 4.14 although I've
>seen no sign of this in comp.sources.* where the most recent is 4.9.
>MicroEmacs is at 3.10.
>
>Development on both appears to have stopped some while ago. Can anyone
>correct me if my information is wrong please?

I can only speak for JOVE.  There is currently some cleanup work
being done on JOVE, not by me.  It may or may not actually ever
get done, but if it does, it will be made available.  But, yeah,
for the most part development has stopped for JOVE.

Jonathan Payne