[comp.emacs] tags-ispell

aglew@crhc.uiuc.edu (Andy Glew) (11/21/90)

Tonight I wanted to ispell all of the files in my MS thesis
(which is spread all over the place in upwards of 60 files).

ispell -l understands \input and \include LaTeX directives,
but GNU EMACS' ispell mode does not, so a lot of misspelled words
cannot be found in the root of the document.

As a quick workaround I wrote the following, which loop
over all the files in your tag table, asking you if you want to
ispell any of them:

  (defun tags-ispell ()
	 (interactive)
	 (tags-search "\\`.")
	 (tags-ispell-prompter)
	 (tags-ispell-continue))
  (defun tags-ispell-continue ()
	 (interactive)
	 (while t
		(tags-loop-continue)
		(tags-ispell-prompter)))
  (defun tags-ispell-prompter ()
	 (if (y-or-n-p (format "ispell this file (%s)? " (file-name-nondirectory (buffer-file-name))))
	     (ispell-buffer)))

  (make-global-binding "\M-ss" 'tags-ispell)
  (make-global-binding "\M-s\M-s" 'tags-ispell-continue)

Use and enjoy.

--
Andy Glew, a-glew@uiuc.edu [get ph nameserver from uxc.cso.uiuc.edu:net/qi]

geoff@ITcorp.com (Geoff Kuenning) (11/22/90)

In article <AGLEW.90Nov21042456@cobra.crhc.uiuc.edu> aglew@crhc.uiuc.edu
(Andy Glew) writes:

> ispell -l understands \input and \include LaTeX directives,
> but GNU EMACS' ispell mode does not, so a lot of misspelled words
> cannot be found in the root of the document.
>
> As a quick workaround I wrote the following...

Emacs seem to suffer from a syndrome which causes them to try to do
everything from inside emacs, even when that is highly inappropriate.  As
an alternative, I suggest:

	^Z
	% ispell root.tex
	% fg