[comp.emacs] GNU EMACS FOR Plexus M68020 P-60

rlb@bsts00.UUCP (Ronald ) (11/26/90)

Has anyone out ther ported GNU EMACS to a Plexus P-60 m68k
machine??  If so please send me mail so I can contact you
reguarding the defines in the headers.

Thank's in advance for any help, as I do not want to redo-the-wheel.

Ron Bolin

--
Ron Bolin	     (404) 529-3945
BellSouth Services   {Where a phone is a fone and tech support is our game}

jr@ksr.com (John Robinson) (11/27/90)

In article <116@bsts00.UUCP>, rlb@bsts00 (Ronald ) writes:
>Has anyone out ther ported GNU EMACS to a Plexus P-60 m68k
>machine??  If so please send me mail so I can contact you
>reguarding the defines in the headers.

From etc/MACHINES:

  Plexus (m-plexus.h; s-usg5-2.h)

    Works as of 17.56.

Don't know about variations among different Plexus models, but maybe
this will give you confidence.  GNU Emacs certainly runs on lots of
sys5 and M68k machines.
--
/jr, aka John Robinson                  Bet you didn't know that
jr@ksr.com, lately at bbn.              Kendall Square is in Waltham, MA

chris@utgard.uucp (Chris Anderson) (11/27/90)

In article <1120@ksr.com> jr@ksr.com (John Robinson) writes:
>In article <116@bsts00.UUCP>, rlb@bsts00 (Ronald ) writes:
>>Has anyone out ther ported GNU EMACS to a Plexus P-60 m68k
>>machine??  If so please send me mail so I can contact you
>>reguarding the defines in the headers.
>
>From etc/MACHINES:
>
>  Plexus (m-plexus.h; s-usg5-2.h)
>
>    Works as of 17.56.
>
>Don't know about variations among different Plexus models, but maybe
>this will give you confidence.  GNU Emacs certainly runs on lots of
>sys5 and M68k machines.

Hmmm... but as of 18.55, on a Plexus p95 running System V.2, I haven't
managed to port emacs.  Has anyone managed to port emacs to a Plexus?
What changes did you have to make?  I'd be *real* interested in talking
to you if you have.

Chris

rwelch@diana.cair.du.edu (RANDY S WELCH) (11/27/90)

In article <1120@ksr.com> jr@ksr.com (John Robinson) writes:
   In article <116@bsts00.UUCP>, rlb@bsts00 (Ronald ) writes:
   >Has anyone out ther ported GNU EMACS to a Plexus P-60 m68k
   >machine??  If so please send me mail so I can contact you
   >reguarding the defines in the headers.

   From etc/MACHINES:

     Plexus (m-plexus.h; s-usg5-2.h)

       Works as of 17.56.

   Don't know about variations among different Plexus models, but maybe
   this will give you confidence.  GNU Emacs certainly runs on lots of
   sys5 and M68k machines.

To the person who wanted to compile GNU Emacs on the Plexus, please mail
me at the uucp address in my signature! ( Sorry about the use of
bandwidth. )

As is the m-plexus.h in the release 18.55 emacs sources will not work
quite right with the plexus.  I have a m-plexus.h that will work.  If
anybody else out there has a plexus and wants to get GNU Emacs running I
will send you the correct m- file.

-randy

--
Randy Welch   Mail to :  ...!ncar!scicom!bldr!randy or rwelch@du.edu