[comp.emacs] Stop Epoch windows popping up

mferrare@physics.adelaide.edu.au (Mark Ferraretto) (12/10/90)

Whenever I move the mouse over an epoch window it gets raised to the top of the
screen.  If I have 2 epoch windows that take up the whole screen between both
of them I have a lot of problems if I want to use something else.  Is there
some way I can stop epoch automatically raising the edit screens whenever I
move the mouse across them?

--
       _             Name  : Mark Ferraretto
      \  \           Place : Department of Physics and Mathematical Physics
==========>==>==--   Aarnet: mferrare@physics.adelaide.edu.au

carroll@cs.uiuc.edu (Alan M. Carroll) (12/11/90)

In article <mferrare.660798182@adelphi.physics.adelaide.edu.au>, mferrare@physics.adelaide.edu.au (Mark Ferraretto) writes:
> Whenever I move the mouse over an epoch window it gets raised to the top of the
> screen.  If I have 2 epoch windows that take up the whole screen between both
> of them I have a lot of problems if I want to use something else.  Is there
> some way I can stop epoch automatically raising the edit screens whenever I
> move the mouse across them?

You should set the auto-raise-screen variable to nil. See section
7.3.3, page 56. Questions about Epoch should be addressed to the Epoch
mailing list, epoch@cs.uiuc.edu. To get on the mailing list, send a
request to epoch-request@cs.uiuc.edu. We are trying to get a seperate
news group set up, but it hasn't happened yet.

--
Alan M. Carroll                "It's psychosomatic. You need a lobotomy.
Epoch Development Team          I'll get a saw."