[comp.emacs] Next official release of MicroEMACS?

drk@athena.mit.edu (David R Kohr) (12/16/90)

Is there an expected release date for a new version of MicroEMACS (probably
v. 3.11, I would guess)?  It's been quite a while since v. 3.10e came out,
and it had lots of bugs in it (at least on Sun's), many of which were fixed
in the unofficial "3.10ea+8" release.  I would be deligted to see not
so much new features as greater stability in the current version, plus
integration of the documentation of these new 3.10 and 3.10e features
into the main manual.

Daniel Lawrence, are you still working on MicroEMACS?

--
David R. Kohr     M.I.T. Lincoln Laboratory      Group 45 ("Radars 'R' Us")
    email:    DRK@ATHENA.MIT.EDU (preferred)  or  KOHR@LL.LL.MIT.EDU

dan@mdbs.uucp (Daniel Lawrence) (12/17/90)

In article <1990Dec15.165616.18226@athena.mit.edu> drk@athena.mit.edu (David R Kohr) writes:
>Is there an expected release date for a new version of MicroEMACS (probably
>v. 3.11, I would guess)?

>David R. Kohr     M.I.T. Lincoln Laboratory      Group 45 ("Radars 'R' Us")

	In short, yes.  I believe I will be releasing 3.11 sometime in
January.  It does not have a lot of new features but it is more stable
in some of the more unusual environments, especially XENIX and SUNs.

			Daniel Lawrence  voice: (317) 742-5153
					  arpa:	mdbs!dan@ee.ecn.purdue.edu
				The Programmer's Room
				Fido: 1:201/10 - (317) 742-5533