[comp.emacs] Customization

shutton@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (Scott K. Hutton) (01/09/91)

I'd like to customize emacs for myself, but don't know how to go about
doing it.  Specifically, I'd like to set up a WordStar-like
environment, with the basic four command-syntax-extension keys, ^K,
^P, ^O, ^Q.  Does anyone already have something they've worked up, or
would someone be nice enough to tell me how to go about setting this
up?

+-------------------------------+---------------------------------------------+
|Scott K. Hutton                | "I am just sick and  tired  of  being  told |
|Indiana University, Blmngtn    |  that  ordinary  decent  people  are fed up |
|SHutton@Silver.UCS.Indiana.edu |  with being sick and  tired.   I  know  I'm |
|SHutton@Rose.UCS.Indiana.edu   |  certainly  not,  and I'm sick and tired of |
|Bitnet:  SHutton@IURose        |  being told that I am."  -Python            |
+-------------------------------+---------------------------------------------+

de5@ornl.gov (Dave Sill) (01/09/91)

In article <1991Jan8.195213.19810@bronze.ucs.indiana.edu>,
shutton@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (Scott K. Hutton) writes:

>I'd like to customize emacs for myself, but don't know how to go about
>doing it.

Try:

    C-h i
    m e m a c s <RETURN>
    m c u s t o m i z a t i o n <RETURN>

>Specifically, I'd like to set up a WordStar-like
>environment, with the basic four command-syntax-extension keys, ^K,
>^P, ^O, ^Q.  Does anyone already have something they've worked up, or
>would someone be nice enough to tell me how to go about setting this
>up?

The Lisp Code Directory (see README.Z on tut.cis.ohio-state.edu under
pub/gnu/emacs/elisp-archive) sez:

wordstar          90-1-31
     Jim Frost, <jimf@saber.com>
     tut.cis.ohio-state.edu:pub/gnu/emacs/elisp-archive/misc/wordstar.el.Z
     Wordstar keycap definitions.

--
Dave Sill (de5@ornl.gov)	  It will be a great day when our schools have
Martin Marietta Energy Systems    all the money they need and the Air Force