[comp.emacs] Emacs and SUNos4.1 on a SPARC

JFS10@psuvm.psu.edu (Jonathan Swaby) (01/18/91)

I know that there is patch to get Emacs to work under SUNos4.1, but do
not have it. Could or would someone please send it to me.

Thanx  Jonathan

880716a@aucs.AcadiaU.ca (Dave Astels) (01/24/91)

In article <91017.153609JFS10@psuvm.psu.edu> JFS10@psuvm.psu.edu (Jonathan Swaby) writes:
>I know that there is patch to get Emacs to work under SUNos4.1, but do
>not have it. Could or would someone please send it to me.
>
>Thanx  Jonathan

I would like it too, please.
"Maud'Dib learned rapidly because his first training was in how to learn"
    - Dune

rms@AI.MIT.EDU (Richard Stallman) (01/25/91)

If you get Emacs 18.56, it should work.  There is a bug in localtime
in SunOS 4.1, and Emacs 18.56 has a workaround for it.
This workaround is insertion of #define SYSTEM_MALLOC in s-sunos4.h.

By the way, on another topic, what do you think about look and feel
lawsuits?  Do you think it is a good thing for interfaces to be
copyrighted?