[comp.emacs] Control of automatic scrolling

kayvan@APPLE.COM (Kayvan Sylvan) (02/11/91)

Jim H. Berry writes:

> [...] automatic scrolling in Emacs will position point in the middle
> of the window; it would be better if point could be near the bottom
> of the window so that the user can read all of the information which
> was just displayed.
>
> Is there an easy to do this? [...]

In cmushell, if you position the point past the end of the buffer (hit
one C-n when at the end), it will be kept past the end of the process
output (even when the process buffer is not visible or is only half
the screen).

			---Kayvan

| Kayvan Sylvan       Unix/C, GNU tools   879 Lewiston Drive   408-978-1407  |
| Sylvan Associates   GUIs, Databases     San Jose, CA 95136  Think Globally |
|                     Networking, X       apple!satyr!kayvan   Act Locally   |
| === Currently looking for contracts === Hire me now! Avoid the rush! ===   |