[comp.emacs] hide-ifdef-mode

liberte@CS.UIUC.EDU (Daniel LaLiberte) (02/27/91)

> From: timbuk!jot@uunet.uu.net  (Otto Tennant)

> In all implementations I have available, the file "src/lisp.h" (from
> the GNU Emacs distribution itself) doesn't display properly when one
> invokes hide-ifdef-mode and types C-c h.

> Specifically, the displayed part of the file ends with:

>         #ifdef NO_UNION_TYPE

> The corresponding #endif is not displayed.

> Is this a bug or is there something that I don't understand?

Yes this is a bug, of sorts, in hideif.el.  The problem
is that there is commented out #if without an #endif after the
#ifdef NO_UNION_TYPE line, and hideif does not look for such things.
The cheap solution is to add an #endif in the comment.
The expensive solution is probably too expensive.

Dan LaLiberte
uiucdcs!liberte
liberte@cs.uiuc.edu
liberte%a.cs.uiuc.edu@uiucvmd.bitnet