[comp.emacs] Conflict between ^s

darwinl@alliance.uucp (Darwin Ling) (02/27/91)

The following question may be a fundamental one that many people have asked
before, but please bear with me because I just started to use emacs

In gnuemacs, I have the problem when I type ^s , emacs will treat it as stop displaying
the screen, instead of interpreting it as part of the key seqence (eg ^x^s to save the
the current file.)

Am I doing something wrong here? I think the version I am using is a pretty recent
one. I would appreciate if you can postnews here in this group.

Thanks ...

-Darwin Ling

kgallagh@digi.lonestar.org (Kevin Gallagher) (02/28/91)

In article <1991Feb26.183406.23713@alliance.uucp> darwinl@alliance.uucp (Darwin Ling) writes:
>In gnuemacs, I have the problem when I type ^s , emacs will treat it as stop displaying
>the screen, instead of interpreting it as part of the key seqence (eg ^x^s to save the
>the current file.)

In the standard GNU Emacs distribution, there is a file in the top
level directory called PROBLEMS.  It contains a lengthy description of
flow control problems when using GNU Emacs.  One of the proposed
solutions may be right for you.

Kevin Gallagher        kgallagh@digi.lonestar.org OR ...!uunet!digi!kgallagh
DSC Communications Corporation   Addr: MS 152, 1000 Coit Rd, Plano, TX 75075