[comp.emacs] gnu-emacs

bryant@endor.harvard.edu (jim bryant) (08/03/87)

does anyone out there (especially within at&t) have any experience
with getting gnu emacs to run under uts on an amdhal? if so, i'd like
to know how difficult it was, i'm thinking of trying to get it up on
our amdhal at at&t (i've never tried anything like this before, but i
want gnu emacs).

thanks,

jim bryant       uucp: ihnp4!drutx!jimb     arpa: bryant@harvard.harvard.edu

bob%aargh.cis.ohio-state.edu@osu-eddie.UUCP (08/04/87)

In article <2639@husc6.UUCP> bryant@endor.UUCP (jim bryant) writes:
>... getting gnu emacs to run under uts on an amdhal?

In your src/config.h, src/m-amdahl.h suggests using src/s-usg5-2-2.h.
-=-
 Bob Sutterfield, Department of Computer and Information Science
 The Ohio State University; 2036 Neil Ave. Columbus OH USA 43210-1277
 bob@ohio-state.{arpa,csnet} or ...!cbosgd!osu-eddie!bob
 soon: bob@aargh.cis.ohio-state.edu

jis@mtgzz.UUCP (j.mukerji) (08/06/87)

In article <3907@osu-eddie.UUCP>, bob%aargh.cis.ohio-state.edu@osu-eddie.UUCP (Bob Sutterfield) writes:
> In article <2639@husc6.UUCP> bryant@endor.UUCP (jim bryant) writes:
> >... getting gnu emacs to run under uts on an amdhal?
>
> In your src/config.h, src/m-amdahl.h suggests using src/s-usg5-2-2.h.
> -=-

Please note that it is almost futile to try to bring up Gnu Emacs on pre
5.2.2 UTS due to various problems with the C compiler and such. Even for
5.2.2 I had to put in a couple of modifications to work around C compiler
malarchies, but they were relatively minor.

Jishnu Mukerji,  mtgzz!jis

frech@MWRAAA.ARMY.MIL ("Norman R. Frech CPLS") (07/24/90)

I don't know if the is the write place, but, I am having problems getting
18.55 version of emacs to compile on my 5000/80 running system V.3.
First, I do not have the proper machine header file.  I klugded one up
and I am not sure if I have the proper setting.  When the make goes
I get a load of extra token ignored after directive messages.  The compile
finally aborts after compiling several programs.  It stops on dispnew.c with

aline 4285(cline34): Cannot Open Output file
error code 1
stop

I downloaded this version from simtel20

Any help would be appreciated.  Please reply to me directly, thanks.

Norman Frech  <frech@mwraaa.army.mil>
Systems Administrator
U.S. Army Audit Agency, Midwestern Region

johnm@CAJAL.UOREGON.EDU (John Martin) (02/26/91)

Hello,

	I am writing from the Institute of Neuroscience at the University
of Oregon.  One of the users on our SparcStation 2 here is having a few
problems installing Gnu-emacs, version 18.57 on our machine, and I have been
unable to resolve the issue at this time.

	If you have any words of advice or other assistance you could
provide, we would greatly appreciate it.  Contact me at this address for
more detailed information if needed.

			Thank You,
				-John

jaf@inference.com (Jose Fernandez) (03/04/91)