[comp.emacs] MicroEMACS 3.11 BETA compilation problem

peregrin@hulaw1.harvard.edu (03/27/91)

Hi,
	I just compiled MicroEMACS 3.11BETA.  This is my first MicroEMACS
compiling, and I ran into some trouble during the linking.
	I compiled for a unix system (Sun 4) and made what I thought were the
appropriate changes to estruct.h.  However, during linking, the linker claimed
that it needed the functions in screen.c .  The makefile.unx included does not
use that file, so I added the appropriate lines to that it would compile and
link that file.  And then it came up fine.
	I doubt that screen.c  was accidentally dropped from makefile.unx.  I
suspect that I did something wrong in estruct.h...I set it up for vt100 keypad
and TERMCAP, no mouse, no color.

Things seem to work at first glance.   Anybody else have this trouble?

James
+ James Peregrino                        |     JPEREGRINO@HBSSTG.HARVARD.EDU +
+ Programmer/Analyst                     |         PEREGRIN@STIG.HARVARD.EDU +
+ Science & Technology Interest Group    |    JPEREGRINO@HBS.HBS.HARVARD.EDU +
+ Harvard Business School                |       PEREGRIN@HULAW1.BITNET      +
+ Boston, MA 02163                       +-----------------------------------+
+ Voice: (617)495-6307                   | My opinions are only my own and   +
+ FAX:   (617)495-0351                   | never H.B.S's.                    +

dan@zeus.mgmt.purdue.edu (Daniel Lawrence) (03/27/91)

In article <1991Mar26.214711.1@hulaw1.harvard.edu> peregrin@hulaw1.harvard.edu writes:
>Hi,
>	I just compiled MicroEMACS 3.11BETA.  This is my first MicroEMACS
>compiling, and I ran into some trouble during the linking.
>	I compiled for a unix system (Sun 4) and made what I thought were the
>appropriate changes to estruct.h.  However, during linking, the linker claimed
>that it needed the functions in screen.c .  The makefile.unx included does not
>use that file, so I added the appropriate lines to that it would compile and
>link that file.  And then it came up fine.
>	I doubt that screen.c  was accidentally dropped from makefile.unx.  I

>+ James Peregrino                        |     JPEREGRINO@HBSSTG.HARVARD.EDU +

	Ok, I forgot it.  The source.c was referenced on my copy of the
makefile on the sun4 I compile on, but not in the master files for the
distribuution. I have since fixed this.

			Daniel Lawrence  voice: (317) 742-5153
					  arpa:	dan@midas.mgmt.purdue.edu
				The Programmer's Room