[comp.emacs] MG

garym@cognos.uucp@uunet.uu.net (Gary Murphy) (04/03/91)

Well, I ftp'ed the .EXE for mg, and was much impressed by the scope of
a program so small, especially when I tried editing unix files across
the PC-NFS and when I tried huge files.  Unfortunately, I can't seem to
make much sense out of the programming language --- it _looks_ GNU-ish,
but doesn't seem to do much other than key-binding, and this can't be
right.

Is there a reference document for the elisp understood by mg?
Can someone post or send me an example of a fairly non-trivial emacs.rc
Any assistance would be much appreciated.

--
o| Gary Murphy                                                            |o
 |------------------------------------------------------------------------|

scott@cs.hw.ac.uk (Scott Telford) (04/08/91)

In article <GARYM.91Apr3090950@cognos.uucp@uunet.uu.net>
garym@cognos.uucp@uunet.uu.net (Gary Murphy) writes:
>Is there a reference document for the elisp understood by mg?
>Can someone post or send me an example of a fairly non-trivial emacs.rc
>Any assistance would be much appreciated.

If your Mg is the same as my Mg (version 2a), then it won't understand
any kind of elisp. Mg doesn't have any real macro language - not even a
strange one like MicroEMACS 3.x. I think the TeX file supplied with the
Mg source is all the user documentation there is.

| Scott Telford, Dept of Computer Science,               scott@cs.hw.ac.uk    |
| Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh, UK.                 scott%hwcs@ukc.uucp  |
|_____ "Expect the unexpected." (The Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy) ______|