[comp.emacs] Jym's non-included text

Dan_Jacobson@ATT.COM (05/07/91)

>>>>> On 6 May 91 19:42:57 GMT, brendan@cs.widener.edu (Brendan Kehoe) said:

Brendan> In <a_rubin.673550723@dn71>, a_rubin@dsg4.dse.beckman.com writes:
>Is anyone else annoyed by Jym's:
>
>--- line 1
> -- line 2
>  - line 3

Brendan>   Please, keep this in mail, will ya?
Brendan>   Early last summer, when I first saw his style, it bothered me a
Brendan>   little, but I got used to it. Now I really don't care -- even when I
Brendan>   see people occasionally imitating it. I suggest you relax.

> I have written him asking him why he does it, and have as yet had no
> reply, so I am posting to the net.

Brendan>   Spare the net.

Indeed.  Perhaps if folks had GNU Emacs' add-on SuperCite (mailing
list: supercite-request@warsaw.nlm.nih.gov) in their arsenal like me
[demonstrated above] they wouldn't pick on Jym.  I also come to the
keyboard armed with un-citers.

) (05/07/91)

[ Comp.emacs readers who don't use SuperCite should disregard this message. ]

Dan "WAY K00L SUPORSITE D00D" Jacobson@ATT.COM writes:
> StuporCite>   Please, keep this in mail, will ya?
> StuporCite>   Early last summer, when I first saw his style, it bothered me a
> StuporCite>   little, but I got used to it. Now I really don't care -- even when
> StuporCite>   see people occasionally imitating it. I suggest you relax.
>
> > I have written him asking him why he does it, and have as yet had no
> > reply, so I am posting to the net.
>
> StuporCite>   Spare the net.
>
> Indeed.  Perhaps if folks had GNU Emacs' add-on SuperCite (mailing
> list: STUPORCITE-request@warsaw.nlm.nih.gov) in their arsenal like me
> [demonstrated above] they wouldn't pick on Jym.  I also come to the
> keyboard armed with un-citers.

Well, take your redundant space-wasting half-witted SuperCite headings and
SHOVE THEM!

If you really feel some deep need to be reminded whose posting you are
quoting on EVERY SINGLE BLEEDIN' LINE then either:

   (a) get an attention span larger than that of the average goldfish, or

   (b) waste *your* CPU time processing articles into WAY K00L SUPORCITE
       FORMAT locally instead of inflicting them on those of us who have
       to PAY for bandwidth.

mathew
[ Now you know why we call it alt.flame. ]

Dan_Jacobson@ATT.COM (05/08/91)

M>    (a) get an attention span larger than that of the average goldfish, or

There, your indent took up 4 chars.  My SuperCiting took 2.  Nya nya,
whatever.  But mainly we can't read alt.flame here, so that's why I
appear to not follow-up.  Case closed.  I resume mature posting mode.

mpd@anomaly.sbs.com (Michael P. Deignan) (05/09/91)

Dan_Jacobson@ATT.COM writes:

>I resume mature posting mode.

Where?

MD
--
--  Michael P. Deignan                      / Since I *OWN* SBS.COM,
--  Domain: mpd@anomaly.sbs.com            /  These Opinions Generally