[comp.bugs.sys5] Honey Danber UUCP

agnew@trwrc.UUCP (R.A. Agnew) (08/27/87)

Is Honey-Danber available for Sysem V.2?  Does one need
source to install it? Where does one get it? About how
much is it? Is it worth it?

guy@gorodish.UUCP (08/28/87)

> Newsgroups: comp.bugs.sys5,comp.dcom.modems

Wrong newsgroups.  In no way can the lack of Honey Danber in System V Release 2
be considered a bug.  You can consider it a misfeature if you will.  It's also
not clear that it really concerns modems, either.  This should have been asked
in "comp.unix.questions"; I'm redirecting followups there.

> Is Honey-Danber available for Sysem V.2?

According to the "AT&T Computer Systems Documentation Catalog", there is a
"Basic Networking Utilities" package available for:

	VAX System V Release 2
	3B2 System V Release 2.0.2

"Basic Networking Utilities" is a term that has been used for Honey Danber.

If you didn't buy your S5R2 from AT&T (e.g., if it came from a hardware
vendor), ask them.

> Does one need source to install it?

I don't know.  Ask AT&T if you got your S5R2 from them; if you didn't, ask
whom you got it from.

> Where does one get it?

From AT&T, or from whoever supplied your S5R2.

> About how much is it?

Ask AT&T, or whoever you got your S5R2 from.
	Guy Harris
	guy@sun.com

eric@magic4.UUCP (09/01/87)

It should be included with V.2.  The way to tell is if you have either
/usr/lib/uucp/Systems or /usr/lib/uucp/L.sys.  If you have Systems then
you have HDB uucp.