[comp.bugs.sys5] disappearing inodes

pda@stiatl.UUCP (Paul Anderson) (10/14/88)

In article <1384@cooper.cooper.EDU> mayer@cooper.cooper.EDU (Mayer Ilovitz ) writes:
>	Because of all the postings which have appeared over the last few weeks
>in various newsgroups concerning mysteriously disappearing inodes
>which reappear after performing an fsck on the afflicted file system...

To Convergent users:

I am running a Convergent S640, CTIX 5.22.  It exhibits this inode loss
problem.  It is so severe that when I brought up the news system, it
forced me into running fsck nightly on the news partition (and now
for good measure, we clean the entire system weekly).  I had been losing
up to 500-800 inodes daily.  Everything now appears to be fine.

paul
--
Paul Anderson                                         decvax!gatech!stiatl!pda
Sales Technologies, Inc