[comp.bugs.sys5] Bug in KSH -- Answer

cgh018@tijc02.UUCP (Calvin Hayden ) (08/15/89)

Last month, a posting appeared inquiring as to a possible bug in
the 11/16/88 version of KSH.  The following is a copy of email
received from Korn himself on the subject:

>Date: Fri, 4 Aug 89 07:27:49 -0400
>From: David Korn <rti!att.att.com!hector!dgk>
>To: rti.rti.org!tijc02!cgh018
>Subject:  ksh bug
>
>--------
>
>Yes, this is a bug.  The cd routine does not work correctly when
>there is a : in the name.
>
>I fixed this bug a couple of months ago and sent a corrected version
>to Toolchest in early July.  The corrected version is 11/16/88a.
>I don't know whether it is available yet or not.  There are about
>40 bugs fixed and this is one of them.
>
>David Korn
>ulysses!dgk

Guess that answers the question.  Now, since Toolchest tools are
'sposed to be unsupported, does that mean that we have to purchase
the 11/16/88a version 2 months after purchasing the 11/16/88 version ? :-)

                                     _____
                                     |   |     o
Calvin Hayden                        |    \_  / ____
Texas Instruments               _____|     __/__   |
Johnson City, TN.               \_          /       \
VOICE: (615) 461-2254             \        /  /     _|
UUCP: ...mcnc!rti!tijc02!cgh018    \_/--\  \_/  __ /
                        !root             \    |
                                            \__\

naftoli@aecom.yu.edu (Robert N. Berlinger) (08/15/89)

In article <614@tijc02.UUCP>, cgh018@tijc02.UUCP (Calvin Hayden ) writes:

> >From: David Korn <rti!att.att.com!hector!dgk>
> >
> >I fixed this bug a couple of months ago and sent a corrected version
> >to Toolchest in early July.  The corrected version is 11/16/88a.
>
> Guess that answers the question.  Now, since Toolchest tools are
> 'sposed to be unsupported, does that mean that we have to purchase
> the 11/16/88a version 2 months after purchasing the 11/16/88 version ? :-)

Well I called the Toolchest and left a message on the machine.  If I find
out anything more I'll post.
--
Robert N. Berlinger		    |Domain: naftoli@aecom.yu.edu
Supervisor of Systems Support	    |UUCP: {uunet}!aecom!naftoli

naftoli@aecom.yu.edu (Robert N. Berlinger) (08/18/89)

In article <2399@aecom.yu.edu>, naftoli@aecom.yu.edu (Robert N. Berlinger) writes:
> > >From: David Korn <rti!att.att.com!hector!dgk>
> > >I fixed this bug a couple of months ago and sent a corrected version
> > >to Toolchest in early July.  The corrected version is 11/16/88a.
>
> Well I called the Toolchest and left a message on the machine.  If I find
> out anything more I'll post.

Just got a call back from the Toolchest.  They received the new version
(11/16/88a) last week but had a problem with it.  David Korn should be
sending them an updated version shortly.

When they get it and check it out, there will be a notification, and the cost
will be transmission charges only.

Sounds reasonable to me.