[comp.bugs.4bsd] iinit panic

torben@uhmanoa.UUCP (Torben N. Nielsen) (12/06/86)

In article <4651@mimsy.UUCP> chris@mimsy.UUCP (Chris Torek) writes:
>In article <1331@megaron.UUCP> whm@megaron.UUCP writes:
>>A friend of mine is trying to bring up 4.3 on a 750 and he's getting an
>>iinit panic upon bringing up the kernel on the mini-root.
>
>iinit panics are always due to one of three things:

The problem is caused by RA81 drives and 4.2BSD boot media. I encountered
the same problem when I converted a 780 from 4.2BSD to 4.3BSD.

If you have more than one RA81, the solution is easy.  Assume you have to
drives, 0 and 1 and that your ultimate aim is to boot from partition a on
drive 0. Instead of trying to put the miniroot on partition b of drive 0,
put the miniroot on partition a of drive 1 and go from there. The problem
won't manifest itself then. That was how I resolved the problem...

					---torben
--
	Torben N. Nielsen,Department of ICS,2565 The Mall,Honolulu, HI 96822

	torben@ICS.HAWAII.EDU