[comp.bugs.4bsd] Ultrix table-driven ctime

mkhaw@teknowledge-vaxc.UUCP (04/06/87)

What kinds of inducement can Ultrix sites provide DEC to incorporate the
Olsen ctime mods into Ultrix: everybody file an SPR?

Mike Khaw
--
internet:  mkhaw@teknowledge-vaxc.arpa
usenet:	   {hplabs|sun|ucbvax|decwrl|sri-unix}!mkhaw%teknowledge-vaxc.arpa

avolio@decuac.UUCP (04/07/87)

In article <11496@teknowledge-vaxc.ARPA> (Michael Khaw) writes:

>What kinds of inducement can Ultrix sites provide DEC to incorporate the
>Olsen ctime mods into Ultrix: everybody file an SPR?

Exactly.  There is a place on the SPR form to check for "SUGGESTED
ENHANCEMENT."   This is a very good way to get things changed.  Also,
pass it on to your DEC sales rep or software support contact.

Fred

mkhaw@teknowledge-vaxc.UUCP (04/07/87)

In article <1242@decuac.DEC.COM> avolio@gildor.dec.com (Frederick M. Avolio) writes:
>In article <11496@teknowledge-vaxc.ARPA> (Michael Khaw) writes:
>
>>What kinds of inducement can Ultrix sites provide DEC to incorporate the
>>Olsen ctime mods into Ultrix: everybody file an SPR?

I've gotten a reply from someone at DEC -- who wishes to remain unnamed so
as not to be deluged with e-mail -- that the Olsen ctime fix "or something
like it" have been incorporated into Ultrix for a future release, but not
in 2.0.  Arrghh!

Mike Khaw