[comp.bugs.4bsd] Ultrix, DST, and ctime

guy%gorodish@Sun.COM (Guy Harris) (04/08/87)

>>What kinds of inducement can Ultrix sites provide DEC to incorporate the
>>Olsen ctime mods into Ultrix: everybody file an SPR?
>
>They already have done it in Ultrix 2.0.  The following was done on a
>machine running 2.0, and is self-explanatory:
>
># date
>Tue Apr  7 14:25:09 EDT 1987

All that shows is that they've fixed the DST tables somehow, not that
they've necessarily put Olson's code in.  Sun also fixed the DST
tables in SunOS 3.2, but we didn't put the Olson code in at that
point (the code was still in a state of flux, and 3.2 wasn't
designated a major release).  We hope to put it into the next major
release.

edwards@husc8.UUCP (04/09/87)

Then Guy Harris wrote:

>All that shows is that they've fixed the DST tables somehow, not that
>they've necessarily put Olson's code in.  Sun also fixed the DST
>tables in SunOS 3.2, but we didn't put the Olson code in at that
>point (the code was still in a state of flux, and 3.2 wasn't
>designated a major release).  We hope to put it into the next major
>release.

Didn't mean to muddy the waters.  All I was claiming was that DST is
done correctly in Ultrix 2.0. (starts Apr. 5, instead of Apr. 26), not
anything about the Olson code (which is the table-driven ctime, no?).
Sorry... -- Bill Edwards
Bill Edwards				edwards@harvard.harvard.edu (ARPA)
UNIX Systems Programmer/Analyst		...!harvard!edwards         (UUCP)
Harvard Science Center			edwards@harvunxu            (BITNET)
1 Oxford Street				hucsc::edwards		    (DECNET)
Cambridge, MA 02138