[comp.bugs.4bsd] Gross - system names still in /usr/ucb/mail - Kluge alert.

mjr@osiris.UUCP (Marcus J. Ranum) (10/08/87)

	/usr/ucb/mail still has a compiled in table of 'system names'
for known systems. Maybe some kind soul could take that kind of crap
out in the next release ? Lordy only knows what will happen if I
ever set up a system here named, say, "ingres"....

"ingres ing70 ingvax virus vlsi image esvax sesm ucbcad research arpavax
mathstat ucbvax onyx cory eecs40"

--mjr();
--
If they think you're crude, go technical; if they think you're technical,
go crude. I'm a very technical boy. So I get as crude as possible. These

bostic@ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU (Keith Bostic) (10/09/87)

In article <1407@osiris.UUCP>, mjr@osiris.UUCP (Marcus J. Ranum) writes:

> 	/usr/ucb/mail still has a compiled in table of 'system names'
> for known systems. Maybe some kind soul could take that kind of crap
> out in the next release ? Lordy only knows what will happen if I
> ever set up a system here named, say, "ingres"....

This was fixed in July of 1984; you might want to upgrade to 4.3BSD,
it's an awful lot better than what you're running.

--keith