[comp.bugs.4bsd] uucpd in 4.3 bsd

phil@amdcad.AMD.COM (Phil Ngai) (01/08/88)

I can't seem to run the uucpd in 4.3 bsd. It almost looks like
4.2 code. Can anyone help me? We're switching over to all Ethernet
but having uucp over the Ethernet will ease the transition.
--
"how long will the machine be down?"
"as long as you stand there and bother me"

Phil Ngai, {ucbvax,decwrl,allegra}!amdcad!phil or amdcad!phil@decwrl.dec.com

In article <19872@amdcad.AMD.COM> phil@amdcad.AMD.COM (Phil Ngai) writes:

>I can't seem to run the uucpd in 4.3 bsd. It almost looks like
>4.2 code. Can anyone help me? We're switching over to all Ethernet

It actually does work. Thanks to Gene Spafford, Casey Leedom, and Rob
Warnock for offering assistance.

I had two problems, one with inetd.conf. After that was setup, kill
-HUP did not seem to get inetd to reread it. I ended up killing it and
rerunning it. The other problem was making an L.sys line. I thought I
had read README.tcp but I sure missed the info in there until now.

Thanks again, everyone.

--
"FF on my VCR is the only way to watch commercials!"

Phil Ngai, {ucbvax,decwrl,allegra}!amdcad!phil or phil@amd.com