[comp.ai] Public domain PROLOG available via ftp?

ins_akml@jhunix.UUCP (Katherine Martha Lai) (10/08/87)

Can anyone tell me where there is a public domain PROLOG that I
could get via ftp?  I would be running it on a Sun 3/160 under
UNIX.  Thanks!!

I am posting this for a friend, so it probably would be best to
reply to him directly (Marty Hall) at "hall@hopkins-eecs-bravo.arpa".

lishka@uwslh.UUCP (Christopher Lishka) (10/09/87)

In article <5340@jhunix.UUCP> ins_akml@jhunix.UUCP (Katherine Martha Lai) writes:
>I am posting this for a friend, so it probably would be best to
>reply to him directly (Marty Hall) at "hall@hopkins-eecs-bravo.arpa".

	Oh buggers!  I am trying to get a public domain prolog system from
the University of Arizona (it is called SBProlog), and have been sitting
around waiting for our "accesible" Comp Sci machines to be put up onto
Arpanet (the administrators have been saying "real soon now" for quite awhile),
and I managed to LOSE THE ADDRESS OF THE MACHINE IT IS ON!  ARRGGGGHHH!  So,
does anyone remember the address?

>Can anyone tell me where there is a public domain PROLOG that I
>could get via ftp?  I would be running it on a Sun 3/160 under
>UNIX.  Thanks!!

	As mentioned above, there is a PD Prolog called SBProlog that (to
the best of my knowledge) runs on Berkley Unix (and probably others).  I
have yet to get my hands on it (I'm trying, really I am), but in the mean
time I lost the address [insert swear words here], although I do know it is
available from the University of Arizona.  A contact person which I have is:

	Saumya K. Debray, University of Arizona, (602)621-4527

Sorry 'bout posting this, but I need to find the address again (oh no,
here come the flames...)

					-Chris

--
Chris Lishka                    /lishka@uwslh.uucp
Wisconsin State Lab of Hygiene <-lishka%uwslh.uucp@rsch.wisc.edu

bba@mtgzz.UUCP (XMRJ40000[pjc]-b.banerjee) (10/27/87)

>> 	As mentioned above, there is  a PD Prolog called SBProlog
>> that (to  the best  of my  knowledge) runs  on Berkley  Unix (and
>> probably others). I  have yet to get my hands  on it (I'm trying,
>> really I  am), but in  the mean time  I lost the  address [insert
>> swear words  here], although I do  know it is available  from the
>> University of Arizona. A contact person which I have is:
>>
>> 	Saumya K. Debray, University of Arizona, (602)621-4527

I am posting this as it  may interest others as well. Sbprolog is
always on uunet  (uunet.uu.net). In fact, you may  prefer to grab
it from there rather than from Arizona.

Arizona is incredibly slow (timed  out several times during ftp).
Also, the  relevant files are  present as *huge* tar  files. Rick
Adams  (of   uunet)  compressed  these  files   on  uunet.  Makes
transferring *much* easier.

I haven't done much with it yet, as the documentationtions use of
the 'me' macros was something that the (4.3 BSD) nroff that I had
access to; didn't like!

-- Binayak