[comp.ai] Volunteers needed for AAAI-88

feifer@CS.UCLA.EDU (02/29/88)

ANNOUNCEMENT:  Student Volunteers Needed for AAAI-88

AAAI-88 will be held August 20-26, 1988 in beautiful Minneapolis,
Minnesota.  Student volunteers are needed to help with local
arrangements and staffing of the conference.  To be eligible for
a Volunteer position, an individual must be an undergraduate or
graduate student in any field at any college or university.

This is an excellent opportunity for students to participate
in the conference.   Volunteers receive FREE registration at
AAAI-88, conference proceedings, "STAFF" T-shirt, and are
invited to the volunteer party. More importantly, by
participating as a volunteer, you become more involved and
meet students and researchers with similar interests.

Volunteer responsibilities are varied, including conference
preparation, registration, staffing of sessions and tutorials and organizational tasks.  Each volunteer will be assigned
twelve (12) hours.

If you are interested in participating in AAAI-88 as a
Student Volunteer, apply by sending the following information:

Name
Electronic Mail Address (for mailing from arpa site)
USMail Address
Telephone Number(s)
Dates Available
Student Affiliation
Advisor's Name

to:

feifer@SEAS.UCLA.EDU

or

Richard Feifer
UCLA
Center for the Study of Evaluation
145 Moore Hall
Los Angeles, California  90024

Thanks, and I hope you join us this year!

Richard Feifer
Student Volunteer Coordinator
AAAI-88 Staff

- Richard

vu0112@bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu (Cliff Joslyn) (02/29/88)

In article <9812@shemp.CS.UCLA.EDU> feifer@CS.UCLA.EDU (Richard G. Feifer) writes:

>ANNOUNCEMENT:  Student Volunteers Needed for AAAI-88
>
>AAAI-88 will be held August 20-26, 1988 in beautiful Minneapolis,
>Minnesota.  Student volunteers are needed to help with local
>arrangements and staffing of the conference.  To be eligible for
>a Volunteer position, an individual must be an undergraduate or
>graduate student in any field at any college or university.
>[etc. deleted]

Any chance of travel/housing stipends?

O---------------------------------------------------------------------->
| Cliff Joslyn, Mad Cybernetician
| Systems Science Department, SUNY Binghamton, Binghamton, NY
| vu0112@bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu
V All the world is biscuit shaped. . .

feifer@oahu.cs.ucla.edu (Richard G. Feifer) (03/01/88)

>>AAAI-88 will be held August 20-26, 1988 in beautiful Minneapolis,
>>Minnesota.  Student volunteers are needed to help with local
>
>Any chance of travel/housing stipends?
>
>O---------------------------------------------------------------------->
>| Cliff Joslyn, Mad Cybernetician

I am sorry we cannot reimburse for travel.  (it would
be nice if we could).

-Richard

- Richard

ecw@ltuxa.ATT.COM (Elizabeth C. Worden) (03/08/88)

> >>AAAI-88 will be held August 20-26, 1988 in beautiful Minneapolis,
> >>Minnesota.  Student volunteers are needed to help with local

> >Any chance of travel/housing stipends?
> >
> I am sorry we cannot reimburse for travel.  (it would
> be nice if we could).

How about housing?
--
Elizabeth Worden [ihnp4!]ltuxa!ecw
1195 Summerhill Drive,  Lisle,  Illinois,  60532

feifer@oahu.cs.ucla.edu (Richard G. Feifer) (03/09/88)

In article <1492@ltuxa.ATT.COM> ecw@ltuxa.ATT.COM (Elizabeth C. Worden) writes:
>How about housing?
>--

We cannot pay for housing.  However very reasonable housing
will be available for students in the dorms.

-Richard

Richard G. Feifer                 feifer@cs.ucla.edu
UCLA
145 Moore Hall  --  Los Angeles  --  Ca  90024

johnson@c10sd1.StPaul.NCR.COM (Wayne D. T. Johnson) (03/10/88)

We just came on the NET.  I am interested in the AAAI-88 conference,
could someone MAIL us a re-print of the original information?