[comp.ai] MDBS Inc.'s MDBS III post-*relational* ??????

edg@squid.rtech.com (Ed Goldman) (09/28/88)

In article <987@mdbs.UUCP> kbc@mdbs.UUCP (Kevin Castleberry) writes:

>MDBS III (a post-relational high performance dbs)
	         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Sheesh, c'mon you you guys.  There's nothing relational about MDBS III
and to imply so in your tag is misleading.  I might go for "extended-
CODASYL", but trying to make a relational association is pretty ludicrous.

I have used the product (on PC) and like it (aside from the pricing and
licensing policies).  Call your product what it is and let its arch-
itecture stand on its own merits.

sorry.  flame off.

-edg-

fst@mcgp1.UUCP (Skip Tavakkolian) (10/02/88)

In article <2452@rtech.rtech.com>, edg@squid.rtech.com (Ed Goldman) writes:
> In article <987@mdbs.UUCP> kbc@mdbs.UUCP (Kevin Castleberry) writes:
> >MDBS III (a post-relational high performance dbs)
               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Sheesh, c'mon you you guys.  There's nothing relational about MDBS III
[deleted]
> -edg-

I have had this question for about two years know;  The first time I ever
saw the term ``post-relational'', was in an ad for MDBS.  It said
it was a ``post-relational, network-type database''.  Although I am not a
newcomer to the database arena, I've never been able to get a definition
on this.  Could some one please describe ``post-relational''?

Sincerely
--
Fariborz ``Skip'' Tavakkolian
UUCP	...!uw-beaver!tikal!mcgp1!fst