[comp.ai] knowledge acquisition info

gao@bu-cs.BU.EDU (Yong Gao) (09/29/88)

More requests!

Could somebody tell me where to order proceedings for:

1. the 5th Machine Intelligence  workshop

2. the Knowledge Acquisition for Knowledge Based Systems Workshop, Banff,
   Canada, 1986 and 1987.

Thanks.

Yong Gao (gao@bu-cs.bu.edu)
Dept. of Computer Science
Boston University

gaines@.ucalgary.ca (Brian Gaines) (10/11/88)

In article <25126@bu-cs.BU.EDU>, gao@bu-cs.BU.EDU (Yong Gao) writes:
> More requests!
>
> Could somebody tell me where to order proceedings for:
>
> 1. the 5th Machine Intelligence  workshop
>
> 2. the Knowledge Acquisition for Knowledge Based Systems Workshop, Banff,
>    Canada, 1986 and 1987.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Yong Gao (gao@bu-cs.bu.edu)
> Dept. of Computer Science
> Boston University

The following notes are a complete guide to getting the KAW papers:

Knowledge Acquisition Workshop Publications

We are attempting to make the Knowledge Acquisition Workshop materials
as widely available as possible.  The following sections detail the
availability of publications from each workshop.

KAW86, Banff, November 1986

Preprints distributed to attendees only.

Revized and updated papers published in the
International Journal of Man-Machine Studies,
January, February, April, August and September 1987 special issues.

Papers plus editorial material and index collected in two books:

Gaines, B.R. & Boose, J.H. (Eds) Knowledge Acquisition for Knowledge-Based
Systems. London: Academic Press, 1988 (released October 1988).

Boose, J.H. & Gaines, B.R. (Eds) Knowledge Acquisition Tools for Expert
Systems. London: Academic Press, 1988 (released October 1988).

EKAW87, Reading, UK, September 1986

Proceedings available as:
Proceedings of the First European Workshop on Knowledge Acquisition for
Knowledge-Based Systems.

Send sterling money order or draft for 39.00 payable to
University of Reading to:
Prof. T.R.Addis, Department of Computer Science,
University of Reading, Whiteknights, PO
Box 220, Reading RG6 2AX, UK.

KAW87, Banff, October 1986

Preprints distributed to attendees only.

Revized and updated papers being published in the
International Journal of Man-Machine Studies, 1988 regular issues.
(just beginning to appear)

Papers plus editorial material and index will be collected in book form,
together with other KA papers from IJMMS in 1989.

EKAW88, Bonn, West Germany, June 1988

Proceedings available as:
Proceedings of the European Workshop on Knowledge Acquisition for
Knowledge-Based Systems (EKAW88).
Send order to (the GMD will invoice you for DM68.00 plus postage):
Marc Linster, Institut fr Angewandte Informationstechnik der
Gesellschaft fr Mathematik und
Datenverarbeitung mbH, Schloss Birlingoven, Postfach 1240,
D-5205 Sankt Augustin 1, West Germany.

KAW88, Banff, November 1988

Preprints available (400-500 pages, early November 1988) as:
Proceedings of the 3rd Knowledge Acquisition for Knowledge-Based
Systems Workshop.
Send money order, draft, or check drawn on US or Canadian bank for
US$65.00 or CDN$85.00 to:
SRDG Publications, Department of Computer Science, University of Calgary,
Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2N 1N4.

Revized and updated papers being published in the International Journal
of Man-Machine Studies, 1989 regular issues.

Papers plus editorial material and index will be collected in book form, together with other KA papers from IJMMS in 1990.

----

Brian Gaines, gaines@calgary.cdn