[comp.ai] References on cooking expert systems?

yk@a.nl.cs.cmu.edu (Yasusi Kanada) (03/01/89)

I'm interested in expert systems on cooking, i.e., planning of cooking,
advising for it, etc.  I'm interested not only in REAL expert systems, but
also researches on them.  I heard there are some papers on cooking
expert, but the only information I know now is that Texas Instruments made
an expert system for Campbell Soup.  The detail is found in the following
book.

Harmon, Mans, Morrissey: Expert Systems, Tools & Applications,
John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 1988.

Thanks in advance.

-Yasusi Kanada
 yk@a.nl.cs.cmu.edu
--

feit@sunybcs.uucp (Elissa Feit) (03/02/89)

In article <4380@pt.cs.cmu.edu> yk@a.nl.cs.cmu.edu (Yasusi Kanada) writes:
>I'm interested in expert systems on cooking, i.e., planning of cooking,
>advising for it, etc.  I'm interested not only in REAL expert systems, but

At last year's ACL, Robin Karlin presented a paper, "Defining the
Semantics of Verbal Modifiers in the Domain of Cooking Tasks"
(available in the Proceedings of the 26th Annual Meeting of the
Association for Computational Linguistics, June 1988), in which she
described parts of the nat'l language interface to a computer system
operating within the domain of cooking tasks. Perhaps you can follow
up on that.

Elissa  Feit	(feit@cs.buffalo.edu // feit@sunybcs.bitnet)