[comp.ai] Expert System Shell Ellipse

mcgee@ncrclm.Clemson.NCR.COM (Jesse McGee) (05/25/89)

I am looking for a copy of the public domain expert system shell Ellipse.
Ellipse is a subset of the ESS ART which runs in a PC environment under
MS-DOS.  I am especially interested in finding the source code for Ellipse
so that I can added custom interfaces for other application which I am
developing.  Any one with a copy of Ellipse or knowledge of current postings of Ellipse to BBS can contact me by mail at mcgee@ncrclm.Clemson.NCR.COM or by
posting information in AI newsgroups.

raymond@ptolemy.arc.nasa.gov (Eric A. Raymond) (05/31/89)

In article <10@ncrclm.Clemson.NCR.COM> mcgee@ncrclm.Clemson.NCR.COM (Jesse McGee) writes:
>I am looking for a copy of the public domain expert system shell Ellipse.
>Ellipse is a subset of the ESS ART which runs in a PC environment under

I think you might be confusing "Ellipse" with "CLIPS"  :-()

CLIPS is a forward chaining expert system shell developed by NASA.  It
employs the Rete algorithm (ala OPS5 and ART) and uses a subset of ART
syntax.

It is an extremely fast, portable, and compact system.   It is written
in C and all source code is available.  It is designed to be embedable
or be extended by a programmer.

An emacs editor is integrated into the environment (although it can be
easily removed).  A not so useful cross reference, source verification
utility is also supplied.  The Mac version has all sorts of bells and
whistles, but the editor is not emacs.

For more CLIPS Info contact:

For Government Work:
	CLIPS Users Help Desk /M30
	Computer Sciences Corporation
	16511 Space Center Blvd.
	Houston, Texas 77058
        (713) 280-2233

For Non-Government Work:
	COSMIC
	382 E. Broad St.
	Athens, GA 30602
	(404) 542-3265

---

--
Eric A. Raymond  (raymond@ptolemy.arc.nasa.gov)
G7 C7 G7 G#7 G7 G+13 C7 GM7 Am7 Bm7 Bd7 Am7 C7 Do13 G7 C7 G7 D+13: Elmore James