[comp.ai] Lexicons/Dictionaries for Natural Language Processing

rkaplan@pacsbb.UUCP (Randy Kaplan) (06/06/89)

I am interested in any commercially available lexicon which can be
used for natural language processing applications. Are there any
such products? Is anyone using a commerically available lexicon?
Any information that you might have about sources and products would
be helpful.

Please send information to KAPLAN@VUVAXCOM.BITNET

Thanks in advance.

mrcheezy@pnet51.cts.com (Steve Anderson) (06/09/89)

rkaplan@pacsbb.UUCP (Randy Kaplan) writes:

>I am interested in any commercially available lexicon which can be
>used for natural language processing applications. Are there any
>such products? Is anyone using a commerically available lexicon?
>Any information that you might have about sources and products would
>be helpful.
>
>Please send information to KAPLAN@VUVAXCOM.BITNET
>
>Thanks in advance.

I will be involved in lexical research directed toward a computer-based
language teaching aid, and would appreciate this type of information also.

Thank you.

...!bungia!orbit!pnet51!mrcheezy.

                         =======================
                        //\\                    \\
                       //  \\--------------------\\
                      //    \\ Steven R. Anderson \\
                     // ___  \\--------------------\\
                    // /_|_\  \\  Minneapolis, MN   \\
                   //  \_|_/   \\--------------------\\
                  //            \\                    \\
                 //______________\\____________________\\
                ||                ||                    ||
                ||                ||                    ||
                ||                ||                    ||
*----------------------------------------------------------------------------*
| UUCP: {amdahl!bungia, uunet!rosevax, chinet, killer}!orbit!pnet51!mrcheezy |
| ARPA: crash!orbit!pnet51!mrcheezy@nosc.mil                                 |
| INET: mrcheezy@pnet51.cts.com                                              |
*----------------------------------------------------------------------------*

andrew@dgbt.uucp (Andrew Patrick) (06/22/89)

In article <626@pacsbb.UUCP> rkaplan@pacsbb.UUCP (Randy Kaplan) writes:

>I am interested in any commercially available lexicon which can be
>used for natural language processing applications. Are there any
>such products? Is anyone using a commerically available lexicon?
>Any information that you might have about sources and products would
>be helpful.

There is a lexicon project in The Netherlands that may be of interest
to you.  It is called CELEX:  The Center for Lexical Information.
They are putting together large lexical databases for Dutch, English,
and German which include "detailed orthographic, phonetic, syntactic,
morphological, and frequency information".

I don't know much more, I just read their newsletters.  Here is how to
contact them:

CELEX
University of Nijmegen
Wundtlaan 1
6525 XD Nijmegen
The Netherlands
Telephone: (31)- (0)80-515751/512117
EARN/BITNET: celex@hnympi52
SURFnet: celex::celexmail

--
Andrew Patrick, Ph.D.         Communications Research Centre
  (613) 990-4675              Department of Communications, Ottawa, Canada