[comp.ai] Language war?

oded@wisdom.weizmann.ac.IL (Oded Maler) (07/24/89)

:James P. Salsman (jps@CAT.CMU.EDU) writes:

>In article <8907190741.AA29850@wisdocs.wisdom.weizmann.ac.il> oded@wisdom.weizm
>> Anyway, who needs those Latin words - we know *we* are smarter than
>> *you* whatever the semantics is (:-))

>The tired old Latin/Hebrew/Arabic/Hindi/Chinese/etc. debate
>is worse than vi versus Emacs and C versus Lisp combined.

>Please redirect human language flames to talk.religion.misc,
>and computer language flames to alt.religion.computers.

>:James

I completely agree with the above but I wonder what kind of extrapolatory
thinking could relate my sentence to that. I meant to say that people need
no sophisticated arguments (that's the interpretation of "Latin words")
in order to think that they belong to a better group.

James. this is the second time that your interpretation of other postings
is too interpreter-sensitive. In the first time you made someone who speaks
about his family's IQ a racist, and now you conceive me as a warrior
in some imaginary language battle. Relax man! Non Pisandum Contra Vintum!

        Oded Maler
        Department of Applied Mathematics
        Weizmann Institute of Science
        Rehovot 76100, Israel

        (oded@wisdom.bitnet or
         oded@wisdom.weizmann.ac.il)

pmb@swituc.UUCP (Pat Berry) (07/27/89)

In article <8907231101.AA01211@wisdocs.wisdom.weizmann.ac.il>, oded@wisdom.weizmann.ac.IL (Oded Maler) writes:
> ..... Non Pisandum Contra Vintum!

Yeah? Well same to ya! :-) :-) :-)

(PLEASE don't take this seriously!  I get enough flames as it is!)

*  Pat Berry KN7B                 *
=  pmb@arizona!swituc.UUCP        =
*  uunet!arizona!swituc!pmb       *
=  KN7B@WB7TLS.AZ 145.05 Mhz      =