[comp.ai] Need references to survey/comparisons of ai shells

(I tried to post this a number of times to comp.ai.shells but got no
results. Anything special one has to do to get to that moderated
newsgroup?)

I have a student who is interested in surveying some of the available
ai shells and I was wondering if anyone could point me to some review
articles. Things like the advantages of this to that, features these
five shells share, what they differ on etc.  They don't have to be
complete, just some place to start.  Techinical/Journal papers would
be great, but anything (magazines etc.) would be OK. I am looking for
breadth, but will take whatever is available. Thanks in advance.
						punch@cpswh.cps.msu.edu

brady@udel.EDU (Joseph Brady) (08/21/89)

In article <4254@cps3xx.UUCP> punch@cpswh.cps.msu.edu (Dr William Punch) writes:
>I have a student who is interested in surveying some of the available
>ai shells and I was wondering if anyone could point me to some review
>articles.

AI Expert has done a couple of surveys in the last 3-4 years.
Computer magazine (IEEE) did a survey a couple of years ago.

Joe Brady