[comp.ai] Demise of comp.ai.digest/ Social Processes & Proofs

gasser@pollux.usc.edu (Les Gasser) (01/12/90)

2 things:

1) The article on program proofs and social processes that some were
looking for is:

Demillo, R., Lipton, R., and Perlis, A. "Social Processes and Proofs of
Theorems and Programs," CACM, 22:5, May 1979, pages 271-280.

It's a wonderful article.

----------------

2) I'd also wondered what happened to comp.ai.digest and agree that its
elimination should NOT have been a unilateral decision. I'd welcome
its return.

The list sent in the apologia was incomplete, at least in respect to
Distributed AI; below is some information about another distribution
list for DAI:

> address for administrative information about the list is
> DAI-List-Request@mcc.com.
>
> The purposes of DAI-List will be to disseminate administrative
> information about
> 1) the next DAI Workshop (which I am hosting in Austin, Texas early next
> fall),
> 2) the submission of papers on DAI to AAAI-90 and other conferences, and
> 3) DAI publications;
> and to support occasional technical discussions about current issues and
> results in DAI.  I expect the message volume will be small.

> Cheers,
> Michael Huhns
> MCC
> 3500 West Balcones Center Drive
> Austin, TX  78759-6509
> (512) 338-3651

-- Les

Les Gasser
Distributed Artificial Intelligence Group
Dept. of Computer Science, SAL-200
USC
Los Angeles, CA 90089-0782 USA

Internet: gasser@pollux.usc.edu