[comp.ai] ELIZA

wjt@psc90.UUCP (Dr. William Taffe) (05/22/89)

Does anyone know of a source for "Eliza" or "Doctor" or a
similar program running on a PC?  I'd appreciate an e-mail
response.  Thanks.

Bill Taffe
Department of Computer Science
Plymouth State College
Plymouth, NH 03266
(603) 536-5000 X2530
WTAFFE@UNHH.bitnet

sire@srv.PacBell.COM (Sheldon Rothenburg) (06/21/89)

In article <916@psc90.UUCP>, wjt@psc90.UUCP (Dr. William Taffe) writes:

> Does anyone know of a source for "Eliza" or "Doctor" or a
> similar program running on a PC?  I'd appreciate an e-mail
> response.  Thanks.

 I have source in a CPM implementation of LISP at home. Let me know
if you re interested.

Shelley
(415) 867-5708 (Pacific Daylight Time)

creeds@blake.acs.washington.edu (Ron Legere) (08/03/90)

Does any one know if there is source code for Eliza
available by ftp or other means? Or is this not public domain?
If it is not public, are any other simular programs available?
I have access to c, c++,  and allegro common lisp.

Please email replys to creeds@blake.u.washington.edu.
If I find out anything, I'll post a summary.
thanks.

Ron Legere.

creeds@blake.acs.washington.edu (Ron Legere) (08/12/90)

In article <5868@milton.u.washington.edu> creeds@blake.acs.washington.edu (Ron Legere) writes:
>Does any one know if there is source code for Eliza
>available by ftp or other means? Or is this not public domain?
>If it is not public, are any other simular programs available?
>I have access to c, c++,  and allegro common lisp.
>
>Please email replys to creeds@blake.u.washington.edu.
>If I find out anything, I'll post a summary.
>thanks.
>
>Ron Legere.

Thanks to all who responded!  I found out from most respondee's what most
of you probably already know, that is that an eliza-like program called
doctor is available with GNUemacs. The source code, in lisp, is stored in
various directories under the name doctor.el.

Thanks again. One of the best things about having access to a network like this is the ability to get answers to questions that you would have a hard time
answering on your own.  Of course, there is also a certain amount of
satisfaction to be gained in answering questions  as well.(my own field is
quantum physics).

Again thanks.