[comp.ai] Need references on "Agents"

gordon@clunker.uucp (Gordon Streeter) (08/18/90)

I have an academic interest in the concept of Agents. If you have
references, particularly for introductory material, please drop me a
line.

Thanks,

Gordon Streeter
..uunet!ingr!gordon		(UUCP)
gordon@ingr.com			(ARPANET)

ny@iris.brown.edu (Nicole Yankelovich) (08/25/90)

In article <8499@b11.ingr.com> gordon@clunker.uucp (Gordon Streeter)
writes:
> I have an academic interest in the concept of Agents. If you have
> references, particularly for introductory material, please drop me a
> line.

The work by Tom Malone on Information Lens and Object Lens provides a good
starting place. A complete list of papers can be obtained from the Center
for Coordination Science at MIT's Sloan School.

Along the same lines, I was wondering if anyone has put together a bibliography on agents. I would also be interested in references to
unpublished technical reports on the subject.

Thanks for any information,

Nicole Yankelovich
Institute for Research in Information and Scholarship (IRIS)
Box 1946, Brown University
Providence, RI 02912
ny@iris.brown.edu