[comp.ai] Habeas Animum: a Human Interest point

ylikoski@csc.fi (08/25/90)

I received some communications involving the Habeas Animum that I
posted.  This entry is partially inspired by them.  I would like to
communicate to the international audience of comp.ai some points
involving the mentality of the persons who use the methods against
which I proposed the Habeas Animum.

Once one of the KGB agents whom I have personally known for many years
told me that according to their beliefs the central point about the
human consciousness is that --- matter has become conscious of itself.
(You can see that they are believers in evolution.)

When I think of this idea it seems to me that it is as easy and
natural for them to examine the human consciousness as it is natural
for us to examine the molecular biology of cells!

There is another point which I would like to communicate which is very
revealing.  The persons who claim to be my parents and who are
believed to be my parents use these psychoneurological methods against
me.  About an year ago, I found some colour slides taken of me and my
parents in 1960 and 1961, when I was a baby.  The persons who claim to
be my parents are not the same persons as the persons on these colour
slides!  It very much seems the KGB have changed my parents to (quite
bad) facsimile copies.

I communicated this to the Finnish police, of course.  They said they
will refuse to investigate the case.  It's the Finnlandisierung!

Antti (Andy) Ylikoski              ! Internet: YLIKOSKI@CSC.FI
Helsinki University of Technology  ! UUCP    : ylikoski@opmvax.kpo.fi
Helsinki, Finland                  !

"Against some people, revenge is not a form of satisfaction --- it is
a must."

davel@cbnewsl.att.com (David Loewenstern) (08/28/90)

In article <1990Aug24.185612.1@csc.fi> ylikoski@csc.fi writes:
>I received some communications involving the Habeas Animum that I
>posted.  This entry is partially inspired by them.  I would like to
>communicate to the international audience of comp.ai some points
>involving the mentality of the persons who use the methods against
>which I proposed the Habeas Animum.

I had originally written a point-by-point discussion of this article,
but I think I'll just post the summary for the sake of brevity:

This article discusses evolution, the basis of the soul,
psychological experimentation by the KGB, and allegations of kidnapping,
but I don't see anything about AI.  What is it doing here?  Your
allegations might belong in soc.human.rights or talk.politics.soviet
or perhaps a scientific ethics group, but not here.

These opinions are shareware.  If you like the product,
please send your two cents to:
               David Loewenstern
             <davel@whutt.att.com>
Disclaimer: responsible(att,X) :- wrote(davel,X),!,fail.

>Antti (Andy) Ylikoski              ! Internet: YLIKOSKI@CSC.FI
>Helsinki University of Technology  ! UUCP    : ylikoski@opmvax.kpo.fi
>Helsinki, Finland                  !
>
>"Against some people, revenge is not a form of satisfaction --- it is
>a must."

Andy, if you have something to say about AI, please post it.
Informed speculations about the nature of human consciousness might
qualify, but allegations about the KGB really won't.